Submit your event to After Class/Events Calendar/UI Websites
The UI Events Calendar drives website events listings (like Campus Activities Board or APACC) on the web, and it also drives the After Class website. The After Class website is the source for our weekly events email that reaches hundreds of students.
Steps to add your event
- Log in to content.uiowa.edu here with your Hawk ID
- Choose "add new event"
- Fill out the form with your event details
- Include a detailed event description to keep your audience informed.
- Under "unit(s)" – choose relevant units related to the event (see "adding event to your website" below)
- Choose After Class under General Interest (bottom of the event form) this will push your event to afterclass.uiowa.edu and reach more students through DSL website, email, and social media efforts.
- Submit your event!
After submitted, your event will be approved before appearing on websites and calendars. Write to email@example.com for more information on that process.
- The After Class email is sent to all students weekly on Tuesdays.
- Ask for your event to be featured -- write to firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you'd like your event to be featured in the weekly email.
Adding events to websites
The same process used to publish an event on the calendar is also used to add events to websites, by using tags. Below are some common tags used in the Division of Student Life, and how those events will appear when tagged.
Remember, these tags are added when adding an event, so it's good to choose one before you start.
Tags for DSL websites
Most MISSE event tags are found under "Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion" in "General Interest" when adding your event.
|Tag type||Event tag in calendar||Website / effect of adding tag|
|Unit||Multicultural and International Student Support Programs||MISSE|
|General Interest||Asian Pacific American Heritage Month||APAHM on misse site|
|General Interest||LNACC in Action Week||LNACC in Action Week|
|General Interest||APACC Week||APACC Week|
|General Interest||Black Excellence Week||Black Excellence Week|
|General Interest||Black History Month||Black History Month|
|General Interest||LGBTQ History Month||LGBTQ History Month|
|General Interest||Latinx Heritage Month||Latinx Heritage Month|
|General Interest||Native American Heritage Month||Native American Heritage Month|
|General Interest||Pride Week||Pride Week|