Student Life Communications provides innovative and strategic communication, marketing, design, and digital media solutions to support the mission of the Division of Student Life.
How we practice our mission
- We facilitate creative and effective communication in alignment with the division's strategic communication plan, using various methods and channels, to key stakeholder groups including students, families, faculty, staff, alumni, and media.
- We partner with each unit in the Division of Student Life, as well as student organizations and departments across campus, to develop and promote services and programs that support student success.
- We align Division of Student Life communications with University of lowa strategic communications and brand.
- We are powered by professional staff who are experts in their respective fields and provide experiential learning opportunities for student staff.
- Campaign strategy and development
- Brand identity development
- Production and project management
- Assessment and analysis of marketing efforts
- In-house student-driven creative team
- Logo, brand design and development
- Large-format displays and solutions
- High-quality posters, fliers, and other pieces
- Advertising design
Social media and content development
- Social media consulting, strategy, and brand-building
- Writing promotional pieces or digital campaign pieces
Web design and development
- Full-service website design, development, and hosting
- Easy-to-edit sites for DSL departments, student organizations, or campaigns
- Modern, beautiful designs that are mobile-friendly and ADA-compliant
- Commercial-style studio photography in support of marketing pieces or other campaigns
- Staff portraits and custom website photography
- Photo services provided only in support of brand/campaign development
- Promotional, educational, and short social videos
- We don't film lectures or events